This handmade rigid heddle weaving shawl got the second prize at BAAC (Batesville Area Arts Council in Indiana)-2021 Community Art Show. Also, it can be worn as a long scarf or pashmina. The shawl is warm and scrumptious soft.
I made the rectangular shawl in a rigid heddle loom. The design is 37 steps using different types of fibers like alpaca, mohair, wool, polyester, merino, and acrylic. The colors of the yarns were white, yellow, purple, pink, brown, and orange, each of them with different textures. The Techniques used were claspt wefts, picking up loops, and danish medallions with beads.
- Width: 13.4 inches - 34 cms
- Length (from beginning to end): 79.1 inches - 201 cms (fringes not included)
- Fringes: 7 inches -18 cms
- Size: Small-Medium
- Material: alpaca, merino, acrylic, polyester, silk flowers, wool, and mohair
- Colors: I called brick, orange, brown, white, purple, and more.
- Embellishment: beads, silk flowers, and different stitches used to make the shawl
- Weight: 13.70 oz - 388.40 grams
- Hand washes in tap/cold water with a mild detergent or hair rinse, don't twist or wring, roll in a towel to get the excess of water, lay flat to dry.
All my products are handmade by me with care and special attention to detail.
- o FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $50
- o We charge a flat rate of $5.00 for one or more items.
- o We mail using USPS (United States Postal Service)-Priority Mail with a tracking number.
- o We only ship within the Continental US.
Inventory Last Updated: Mar 29, 2023